AdSense

Monday 6 October 2014

Are You An Idiot?

Ever had self-doubt? Called yourself all sorts of stupid names, been up late wondering how you could have been so idiotic :P. I know you have done that, some time or the other, and I don't blame you, you are human after all. But seriously are you a normal person? Or are you foolish? What if everyone is whispering behind you, and you're the ignorant fool who keeps going on unaware of the world. If that is the case, you might want to change your habits pretty soon.

Ed edd n eddy


I'll decide later whether you are an idiot or not. First tell me why are you reading this article? Surely you don't click on every random Facebook link and read everything. No your time is too precious for that. Then why are you reading this one? Maybe because the title is a little unconventional. Or maybe you are trying to reassure yourself that you are not what you've always worried you might be "An Idiot".

"This is what I would call Advertising"



This is the mantra of today's world. Necessity was the mother of Invention. Today Invention is the Mother of Necessity. Inventions create needs. Everyone's out there for your money, your hard earned money. And let's face it, most people do fall in the traps laid out for them.

Do you know that the topmost Google search results are usually advertisements? If you use Facebook on a laptop you'll see the advertisements in the right column. SMS, phone calls, radio stations, billboards, we are surrounded by ads. There are ads for accessories of upgrades to products that you own which you already don't require.

Why am I saying all this? Flipkart's Big Billion Day Sale. Do you really think they are fools who would sell their products at a loss? Surely there is something wrong somewhere? No seller is stupid enough to sell his products at a loss. The sellers are making huge profits because they are selling a large number of goods. And you my dear customer, you are afraid that you might not get that product so cheap again. So you go ahead and buy it. Buy something you probably had no intentions of buying right now, which you probably don't need right now either. You have been made a Fool.

A penny saved, is a penny gained.



I didn't have a topic to write on so I challenged myself. Took a random phrase I came across and wrote whatever came to my mind. No previous thoughts or plans. Just writing what the phrase brought to my mind. Do let me know how I fared. Also, if you have any other interesting or even random phrases do comment them.

No comments:

Post a Comment